At St Paul’s Primary School & Nursery our collective vision is “Learning for Life.” To achieve this we believe our curriculum should meet the needs of all children whatever their ability and needs, through inspiring a love of learning for life; promoting the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of all pupils, inspiring them to be proud of themselves and understand their place within their community, our country and the global community; preparing and equipping pupils with the skills and tools for learning to enable them to imagine and aspire towards prosperous futures.
The main drivers for our curriculum offer are:
- Health, safety and wellbeing - supporting our pupils and their families to be physically and mentally well which will lead to healthy and happy lives.
- Engagement and intrinsic motivation- teaching pupils HOW to learn and how to be resilient, resourceful, reflective and demonstrate the ability to work with others (Building Learning Power).
- Respect and tolerance- enabling pupils to be accepting of everyone, demonstrating kindness and mutual respect in all situations, with an awareness of the impact of their own actions.
- Awareness- opening up perspectives on our place within the world, our culture and making international links
- Aspirations- provide a full range of first-hand experiences, enabling pupils to make informed choices about their futures and explore possibilities linked with their interests, as well as holding high expectations of themselves.
- Communication- ensuring that all pupils have the necessary tools to communicate effectively and appropriately in a range of ways- verbally, creatively, physically and through the written word.
Demonstrate respect Through positive communication & behaviour
Inspire imaginAtion & a desire to achieve
Embrace and nurtUre pride in everything we do
Raising self-esteem, confidence & aSpirations for prosperous futures
The values at St Paul’s are underpinned by C.I.T.’s vision for outstanding life-long learning for all.
TRUST – We underpin all relationships with trust.
RESPECT – We celebrate all individuals, organisations and cultures.
OUTSTANDING PROVISION – We develop excellence in learning that is at the heart of the community.
PERSONALISED LEARNING – We will nurture and inspire everyone.