EVERY CHILD is expected to attend school from Thursday 3rd September 2020.
Our return in September will feel quite similar for the children who have already been in school during the current summer term, but may feel very different for those who haven’t been back to school since March.
We have support plans for all of the children who are returning for the first time and a “Recovery Curriculum” planned so they will feel safe and be settled to learn and catch up with the learning missed. We have also placed some Transition Powerpoints onto the school website within the ‘Parent Zone’, for you to show your child to ease their worries.
We have been busy planning staggered morning drop offs and afternoon collections, staggered break times and lunchtimes and timetables, so that each year group can stay in their class bubbles and we can meet the governments guidelines and our own risk assessments. An easy guide to our Risk Assessments for Parents and Carers, will also be posted onto the school website shortly for your information.
Key points to remember……….
- EVERY CHILD is expected to attend school from Thursday 3rd September, unless the school has specifically made alternative plans with your family. Attendance will be monitored as usual again.
- Children will be expected to wear SCHOOL UNIFORM again every day. We would appreciate them having a fresh pair of clothes every day to prevent any cross-contamination. Information about PE kits will be given to each year groups in the first week - please do not send them in on the first two days.
- Toys and things from home should not be brought into school unless agreed with the school in advance.
- There will be no whole school assemblies for the time being - these will be held over Microsoft Teams by Miss Nicholls or in-class assemblies held by the teacher.
- We will ONLY CLOSE A BUBBLE IF THERE IS A POSITIVE CASE FOR CV19. The bubbles will remain open until we have a test result.
- Parents and Carers are asked to continue to communicate with the school via telephone or email – we will ensure that relevant members of staff will return your calls as soon as possible.
Where to go and when on Thursday 3rd of September:
Below is a map of who should wait where and when dropping off and collecting your children from school. We are aware this may cause some challenges when you have a number of children to drop off and collect, but this will help to maintain social distancing and help to keep EVERYONE safe. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Start and finish times for the start of the Autumn Term 2020
Initially pupils will not have the option to attend our Breakfast Club, but everyone will have the opportunity to have a “Grab and Go Breakfast” when they arrive at school, delivered to every classroom. This is so that no one misses out on the most important meal of the day!!
Nursery Class hours will be 8:30am to 11:30am and 12:30pm-3.30pm.
Reception Class side gate will open at 8:20am, with lessons starting at 8:30am and finishing at 3:00pm.
Year 1 Class gates on the normal Waiting Area will open for at 8:30am for an 8:45am official start to learning. The Year One class will be in the main building this year. They will finish school at 3:00pm.
Year 2 Class will need to arrive at 8:45am for a 9:00am start as usual. They will be in the mobile classroom. Please keep your child with you and socially distance until Y2 are called to come through the gates by a member of staff. They will finish school at 3:15pm.
Year 3 & Year 4 gates near to the Main School Reception and the school playground will open at 8:30am and children will be asked to walk round to their classroom and be ready to start their learning at 8:40am. They will finish at 3pm. [Y4 parents will need to sign to say if they wish their child to walk home alone and these children will be allowed out of class first.] The children being collected will be asked to line up on the playground and then parents will be allowed to collect. Parents will be directed by staff. Please be patient, your child’s safety is paramount! IF it is raining heavily, parents will be allowed to collect from classrooms whilst observing social distancing.
Year 5 & Year 6 gates near to the Main School Reception and the school playground will re-open at 9:00am and children will be asked to walk round to their classroom and be ready to start their learning at 9:15am. They will finish at 3:30pm. [Y5&6 parents will need to sign to say if they wish their child to walk home alone and these children will be allowed out of class first.] The children being collected will be asked to line up on the playground and then parents will be allowed to collect. Parents will be directed by staff. Please be patient- your child’s safety is paramount! IF it is raining heavily, parents will be allowed to collect from classrooms whilst observing social distancing.
We will inform parents when we will be able to re-start clubs at lunchtimes and after school. Currently, under the government’s guidelines, we cannot mix year groups. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to keep you and your child safe.
Have a great summer holiday! Stay safe everyone!