All schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our vision is to ensure all children have access to an exciting PE and Sport Curriculum that will stimulate and promote positive attitudes.
We aim to:
- Improve fitness, health and well-being
- Promote active participation through inspiring and varied activities
- Allow each child to fulfil their potential